The Payment Posters are responsible for posting payments, adjustments and denials from insurance companies, patients and governmental agencies. The Payment Posting Specialists are to follow all policies and procedures as outlined by the company and/or governmental regulations and according to HIPAA regulations.
- Responsible for updating the daily receipt of client deposits and correctly logging to the Daily Cash Log.
- Responsible for prepping payment batches and posting to the ADPI Cash Control Log.
- Ensure that the Cash Control Log balances with the bank deposit.
- Responsible for posting payments, adjustments and denials to patient accounts.
- Verify the patient’s account number, date of transport, name, social security number and date of birth to ensure payment is being applied to correct account.
- Verify batch totals, edits, reconciles and updates payment batches.
- Research unidentified payments and/or recoupments to determine correct transaction.
- Research and identifies returns. Copies the returns and forwards to the Collection Agency and Client.
- Properly identify the returns on the Daily Cash Control Log.
- Generate miscellaneous reports as defined by client.
- Notify manager of any issues related to payment posting, adjustments or denials.
- Participates in professional/company development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Ensures strict confidentiality of client records.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of insurance carrier payment policies, practices, and amounts.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Flexible to handle unexpected daily challenges
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Basic computer operating skills using Microsoft Spreadsheet.